Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide ‘essential services’, otherwise described as the basic treatment of ill people.
Our surgery also provides further treatments known as ‘additional services’:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visitor
- Contraceptive services
- Maternity services in the ante natal and post natal period
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visitor
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel (Please note that not all travel immunisations are available under the NHS, please see practice nurse for more details). Please contact the surgery at least 4 weeks before you are due to travel.
- Cervical Smears
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
- Homeopathy - Dr Shields may offer alternatives to conventional treatment
In addition to these ‘additional services’ our surgery also offers further ‘enhanced services’:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring (by blood and urine tests) for patients on a range of drugs for other problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with chronic diseases
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with diabetes (Including appointment with the dietician and podiatrist)
- An opiate substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems